Family reunion

Spouses and under-age children can follow DESY’s employees to Germany. They must apply for a visa with the purpose of family reunification at the German embassy/consulate in their home country. Some nationalities can enter visa-free.

Family members of citizens from non-EU countries must apply for a residence permit for their stay in Germany. It entitles the holder to work.

Please be sure to bring the originals of your family documents (birth certificates, marriage certificates) with you! The documents should be legalized/provided with an apostille and translated by officially accredited translator. It is recommended to have this done prior to arrival in Germany.

The International Office assists you in all administrative procedures involved.