Entry and stay regulations in Germany

Dear Visitor /Dear Newcomer!

Moving to another country is always stressful. Here you will find the first overview of what you should expect in terms of legal paperwork.
It may simplify things a lot, save time and sometimes money if you bring all the relevant documents to Germany (marriage certificate, university diplomas, birth certificate of children) legalized (or with an apostille) and translated into German. Please note, that the documents should be translated AFTER they are legalized/provided with an apostille.


Any visit to DESY is dependent on an invitation. Please request an invitation from your inviting DESY group. Please also check our website in regard to health insurance and visa requirements. Do not hesitate to contact us in case you have any questions.
DESY carries out reviews in application of the export control law and foreign trade regulations. The services offered by DESY are subject to export control legal admissibility. If you have any questions, please contact the DESY internal export control office. Further information can be found on the website of the Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control: